The Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) is NASA’s lead center for robotic exploration of the solar system. JPL's core competency is the end-to-end implementation of unprecedented robotic space missions to study Earth, the Solar System, and the Universe.
50 Years of Mars Exploration- YouTube
JPL, located in Pasadena, California, has a casual, campus-like environment situated on 177 acres in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains and offers a work environment unlike any other: we inspire passion, foster innovation, build collaboration, and reward excellence.
As a Web-applications Software Engineer at JPL you shall be responsible for designing simple and scalable solutions to complex problems and delivering leading edge software products for our customers. You will be part of a team comprised of exceptionally ambitious and communicative hands-on individuals who are comfortable working in fast-paced environments and who have passion and skills to deliver solutions in support of critical activities.
You will work in a collaborative team environment that encourages you to perform at your best, and challenges you to engineer elegant solutions for complex business problems. You will architect, design and develop robust software systems with unit and systems testing. You will need to to quickly learn new technologies, troubleshoot problems and be an expert in software lifecycle practices including scoping if work and schedule estimation along with writing technical documentation. You will also often create and demonstrate prototypes of business solutions and new technology as an individual effort or leading a group of 3-4 developers/engineers.
- AWS configuration/deployment and management experience
- Experience with Git/GitHub use and integration
- Experience with configuration management tools such as SaltStack
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana (ELK)
- Experience with serialization such as JSON and YAML
- Demonstrable experience in the requirements analysis and design of at least one Object Oriented system
- Demonstrable work experience developing solutions integrating and extending Open Source and COTS products
- Demonstrable work experience developing RESTful services
- Demonstrable technical writing and presentation skills and shall have generated technical documents in support of software development project
- Demonstrable experience developing and deploying: data driven analytics; event driven analytics; sets of analytics orchestrated through rules engines
- Strong knowledge of the principles of test-driven development and continuous integration
- A good understanding of the perils and pains of dealing with large enterprise production systems
- Experience with JIRA, ZenHub, or similar defect-tracking systems
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum/Lean/DevOps environment in multiple roles
- A good understanding of NoSQL solutions is a plus (ex. MongoDB, CouchDB, Casandra, etc.)
Fully benefited W2 contract position 12 month initial contract with the intention to extend further or transition permanent if the interest is there on both sides. Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident Position Contractor Work Schedule: Full-time Telecommute: No Relocation: No
Job Post Expires: Nov. 30, 2015, 4:09 p.m.